W.A.W.A. - West Africa Wins Again: It is referring to the normal failures encountered by foreigners in another culture in a humourous way. Many times people attempt to accomplish task, and fail again and again. This is an acronym told to me by Lon who was a guard at the United States Embassy in Abidjan, Ivory Coast. (Lon an an American in San Pedro La Laguna, Guatemala.)Read External Link: Julianna Rigghillard
Were all here, because were not all there.-- Learned from Russel in Panajachel, Guatemala.
Western Standards: 15 percent of the world has standards that are higher than the other 85 percent of the planet. This normally means they have sit down toilets.
Western world, also known as the West and the Occident (Latin: occidens -sunset, -west, as distinct from the Orient), is a term that can have multiple meanings depending on its context (e.g., the time period, the region or social situation). Accordingly, the basic definition of what constitutes "the West" varies, expanding and contracting over time, in relation to various historical circumstances.In the contemporary political and cultural context, the Western World generally refers to the nations of the European Union, The United States, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Central Europe, Latin America, Israel, and South Africa.
Log In to Leave a Comment or Join
Copyright © 2018 All rights reserved.
Not a member? Sign Up
Gear For Sale by HoboTraveler.com. All gear sold, and shipped from Amazon.com for safe, fast service.
mytraveldictionary.com is a part of the HoboTraveler network.
The 100 Best Cities to Live International are chosen by Hobo Travelers on the Hobo Network. Our goal at Hobo is to give you 100, then you can narrow it down 10. Become and member of that city group. You can learn the pros and cons from members living there.
The 100 Best Cities to Live Abroad